Day 15.
21:00.
Today I went out. I had not been out for 5 days. The phenomenon of deterioration of the streets has apparently accelerated it. The bodies of two children who were obstructing the landing of the building were missing. I wonder if they do not come to eat the corpses abandoned here and there. I went out to find bandages and alcohol. I thought to find in the apartment of Varet but he had already been looted, probably from day 1.
For now I am not really asked for food. I have abundant reserves of non-perishable food and a "easy" access to the kitchens of Thai restaurant on the ground floor. I do know that one day it will no longer suffice. The most urgent need was to get up a small pharmacy disinfectant, dressings, bandages, thread, needles, syringes ... I also recovered the buckets, large blue sheets drying on a wire and a few packs of batteries.
Day 16.
7:30
There was noise in the street all night. I tried to see something through the interstices of the planks I nailed to strengthen components. I'm starting to get used to it a bit, but this thick darkness frightens me. As if we had lived in denial of the night, proud of our lamps and our electricity. The night now came back, a night like our ancestors had to see and implacable. This morning I was surprised by the sound of my own voice.
0 comments:
Post a Comment